If you can smell gas, you should immediately phone the National Gas Emergency Service number on 0800 111 999.
Please ensure you follow the advice below:
• Don’t switch any lights on
• Open all doors and windows to ventilate the property
• Don’t light any sort of flame or use appliances that cause a spark inside your home
• Turn off the gas at the 'mains tap' which is usually located near the gas meter and has a handle that
can be turned 90 degrees. If the gas leak is in a cellar or basement, do not enter and instead leave the property